December is here, which is hard to believe. As we close out the year 2020 (perhaps the most bizarre and tragic year for many of us due to the COVID-19 pandemic), we still have a lot of questions without answers as we move into 2021. But one thing we do understand here at FanLabel is the power of music and what that means for so many of us. We will continue to provide you with the best music (both new and old releases) and content possible, because even if it only allows you to escape reality for a brief moment, that is very important to us.
We have a new lineup of Fantasy Contests live this month, including Hip-Hop, Country and even a special Holiday-themed contest. Today, we’re focusing on the Hip-Hop variety, which was our first Fantasy Contest to begin earlier this month. If you need a reminder on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, please read this article.
The Basics: FanLabel players begin with a virtual budget of $10,000, which is used to sign the artists of their choosing (based on the total pool of 15 available artists) to their respective labels. For each of the four weeks in the season (note: labels must re-enter each week), players will sign the artists they predict will generate the most total streams, which is based on the total number of streams that each artist receives from their full body of work.
The Artists: Below, check out the list of available Hip-Hop artists for December. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest).
- Lil Tjay (4,500)
- Big Sean (3,500)
- Lil Mosey (2,500)
- Jay-Z (2,500)
- Saweetie (2,500)
- YG (2,500)
- 21 Savage (2,500)
- Lil Tecca (2,000)
- Lil Yachty (2,000)
- Mulatto (2,000)
- Chance The Rapper (1,500)
- Tierra Whack (500)
- Bhad Bhabie (500)
- Denzel Curry (500)
- Juicy J (500)
Insider Tips: Just some things to keep in mind about a few of the artists (all metrics courtesy of Alpha Data).
- Mulatto has made a bit of a name for herself in 2020, with 313.8 million streams this year.
- Lil Tjay is another name who has gained a lot of steam in 2020, receiving 1.1 billion streams this year alone, and 2.2 billion lifetime streams thus far throughout his career.
- Iconic rapper, songwriter and producer, Jay-Z, is still going strong, accumulating 13 million streams in the last recorded week-to-date period.
- Detroit-based rapper Big Sean is closing in on 900 million yearly streams in 2020.
- Tierra Whack could provide some nice value at a cost of just 500 in the Hip-Hop fantasy contest, racking up 2.2 million streams last week.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties