We’re putting some soul into November’s R&B Fantasy Contest in the FanLabel app! Several of today’s hottest names in R&B music, and a few who have been in the game for many years, make up this month’s contest. If you need to review how to play our Fantasy Contests, please check out this blog.
As usual, players receive a $10,000 virtual budget that is used to sign artists to their respective labels. For each of the four weeks in the season (please remember to re-enter each week!), sign the artists you believe will earn the most total streams based on the full body of work for each act (not just a single song).
Below is the list of R&B artists facing off in our Fantasy Contest this month. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest).
- Bryson Tiller (5,000)
- Usher (3,500)
- Jason Derulo (3,500)
- SZA (3,000)
- Ella Mai (3,000)
- H.E.R. (3,000)
- Queen Naija (2,000)
- Mary J. Blige (2,000)
- Ne-Yo (1,500)
- Toni Braxton (1,000)
- Kiana Lede (1,000)
- Luh Kel (500)
- Omarion (500)
- Sabrina Claudio (500)
- Pink Sweat$ (500)
We have provided a few data points on some of the aforementioned artists that may help you decide who to add to your virtual label (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data):
- Bryson Tiller accumulated nearly 30 million streams in the most recent week-to-date count.
- Usher has had an incredibly successful career, which has translated well to the streaming age, as he has generated more than 1.1 billion all-time streams.
- Keep an eye on Queen Naija (who was born in Detroit). Her popularity continues to rise, as she has over 392 million streams thus far in 2020.
- Kiana Lede is another artist on the rise. She enjoyed a strong 47.8 percent increase in streams last week compared to the previous week’s total.
- The veteran act, Mary J. Blige, continues her success, averaging over 11 million streams per week.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties