December has arrived, and we have a brand new set of Fantasy Contests to join: Hip-Hop, Country and Holiday! Let’s check out this month’s Holiday Fantasy Contest, featuring a 15-artist list of holly, jolly acts. If you need a reminder on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, check out this blog piece.
You’ll start off with a $10,000 virtual budget that you can use to sign artists to your virtual label. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must re-enter each week), sign the artists you predict will generate the most total streams (based on each artists’ full catalog).
Here are the artists available to sign to your label this month, ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest):
- Michael Buble (5,000)
- Mariah Carey (4,000)
- Nat King Cole (4,000)
- Dean Martin (3,000)
- Brenda Lee (2,000)
- Carrie Underwood (2,000)
- Kelly Clarkson (2,000)
- The Ronettes (1,500)
- Burl Ives (1,500)
- John Legend (1,500)
- Meghan Trainor (1,000)
- Sia (1,000)
- Ella Fitzgerald (500)
- Brett Eldredge (500)
- Kenny G. (500)
Insider Tips: Let’s check out a few fun facts about some of these artists (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data).
- Known for her wide range and vocal control, singer-songwriter Mariah Carey has over 4 billion lifetime song streams.
- Singer and jazz pianist Nat King Cole had over 55 million song streams last week.
- Singer & actor Burl Ives, known as narrator of the classic 1964 TV special, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” has over 82 million song streams this year so far.
- Known for showcasing his smooth voice and powerful songwriting, John Legend’s album, “A Legendary Christmas,” had over 22 million song streams last week.
- Jazz Saxophonist Kenny G. has had over 173 million song streams this year so far.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties