We’re putting the rhythm into “Rhythm & Blues” with a new collection of contemporary artists to choose from in FanLabel’s January R&B Fantasy Contest! While we will also be running a Pop and Alternative Fantasy Contest this month, let’s focus on the R&B genre for this particular post. If you want to learn more about how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, please read here.
As a general heads up on what to expect, those who enter a FanLabel Fantasy Contest receive a virtual budget of $10,000. This is used to sign artists to a player’s respective label. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must re-enter each week), a FanLabel player signs the artists they believe will generate the most total streams based on each artist’s full catalog.
Take a look below to find the full roster of available R&B artists in January. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest).
- SZA (5,000)
- Jhene Aiko (5,000)
- H.E.R. (3,500)
- Bryson Tiller (3,000)
- Queen Naija (2,500)
- Giveon (2,000)
- Jeremih (2,000)
- 6LACK (1,500)
- Ne-Yo (1,500)
- Kiana Lede (1,000)
- Ginuwine (1,000)
- Teyana Taylor (1,000)
- Snoh Aalegra (500)
- Jazmine Sullivan (500)
- Chloe x Halle (500)
Insider Tips: Check below to gather some useful data points on a few of the aforementioned artists (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data).
- SZA has started strong in 2021 with 55.6 million streams so far in the new year. She also saw a 19.1 percent increase in streams last week compared to the previous week.
- Kiana Lede is also an actress, but is putting together a successful music career, as she brought in 5.3 million streams last week alone.
- In terms of lifetime streams, H.E.R. has accumulated an impressive 3.4 billion streams thus far into her career.
- Swedish singer Snoh Aalegra amassed 4.2 million streams last week alone.
- Jeremih is always a strong bet to bring in large streaming totals, as he has accumulated 3.6 billion lifetime streams.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties