Country music is often storytelling in disguise, so we’ve decided to highlight that for one of our December Fantasy Contests, with a variety of Country artists. For a review on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, please read this blog.
To begin, players receive a $10,000 virtual budget that is used to sign artists to their respective labels. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must re-enter each week), sign the artists you predict will generate the most total streams based on each artist’s full catalog (not just a single song).
The list below highlights all available artists in this month’s Country contest, with a wide variety to select from. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest).
- Kane Brown (5,000)
- Lady A (4,000)
- Tim McGraw (4,000)
- Gabby Barrett (3,000)
- Darius Rucker (2,000)
- Dolly Parton (1,500)
- Little Big Town (1,500)
- Jordan Davis (1,500)
- Russell Dickerson (1,500)
- Justin Moore (1,500)
- Ingrid Andress (1,000)
- Matt Stell (1,000)
- RaeLynn (500)
- Cam (500)
- Kip Moore (500)
Insider Tips: Below you will find some interesting data points on a few of the aforementioned artists (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data).
- Ingrid Andress had a strong year in 2020, with more than 252 million streams this year.
- The popularity of Kane Brown continues to grow, as 1.6 billion of his 4.9 billion lifetime streams came in 2020.
- Lady A may have changed the group’s name in 2020, but their fans are still supporting stronger than ever, as Lady A saw a 17.1 percent increase in streams last week compared to the previous week.
- Russell Dickerson just released his latest album, “Southern Symphony” on Dec. 4, and it already has generated more than 1.3 million streams in less than one week.
- Dolly Parton’s career now spans seven decades, and her music continues to connect with audiences, bringing in 8.5 million streams last week alone.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties