We have officially made it out of 2020, which was, well, not great, and moved into 2021. We are rolling right into brand new Fantasy Contests in the FanLabel app, including month-long Pop, R&B and Alternative contests. For this specific post, we will focus on Pop.
To give a high-level overview on how this works, FanLabel players who enter a Fantasy Contest are given a virtual budget of $10,000, which is used to sign the artists of their choosing (from a total group of 15 available artists) to their respective labels. For each of the four weeks in the season (please note that labels must re-enter each week of the season), players will sign the artists who they predict will generate the most total streams. If you want more details on how FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests work, please view this article.
Listed below is the full pool of available Pop artists for the month of January. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest).
- Miley Cyrus (3,500)
- Rihanna (3,500)
- Beyonce (3,000)
- Halsey (2,500)
- Sam Smith (2,500)
- Shawn Mendes (2,500)
- Khalid (2,500)
- Lady Gaga (2,000)
- Katy Perry (2,000)
- blackbear (1,500)
- Alicia Keys (1,000)
- Tate McRae (1,000)
- 5 Seconds of Summer (1,000)
- Camila Cabello (1,000)
- Madison Beer (500)
Insider Tips: Here are some interesting factoids about a few of the artists in this month’s Pop contest (all metrics courtesy of Alpha Data).
- Just over one week into January, Katy Perry has already accumulated nearly 18 million streams in 2021.
- Miley Cyrus currently has 3.7 billion lifetime streams.
- Khalid brought in nearly 25 million streams in the last-week-to-date period alone.
- Queen B is still going strong in 2021, as Beyonce brought in over 29 million streams in the first week of the year.
- blackbear could be a good value pick with a cost of $1,500 — he had nearly 17 million streams last week.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties