Welcome to our July 2020 Pop Fantasy Contest Primer, where you’ll get the inside scoop on the astounding artists available to sign to your virtual record label! Need a reminder on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests? Click here.
Let’s dive into what this Fantasy Contest looks like. We’re featuring a squad of talented pop artists who’ve just recently released music, each followed by their signing cost. Remember: you’ll get a signing budget of 10,000.
- Harry Styles (5,500)
- Lady Gaga (4,000)
- Katy Perry (3,500)
- Melanie Martinez (3,000)
- Chloe x Halle (2,000)
- Trevor Daniel (1,500)
- Kelly Clarkson (1,500)
- Ava Max (1,500)
- Lauv (1,500)
- Alec Benjamin (1,500)
- Miley Cyrus (1,500)
- Charlie Puth (1,000)
- Quinn XCII (1,000)
- Jeremy Zucker (1,000)
- Jessie Reyez (500)
Fun facts about a few of these artists:
- Ava Max broke into the scene with her hit, “Sweet But Psycho.” It went platinum in Australia, the U.S., and the U.K. She has over 240 million streams this year so far.
- Melanie Martinez was a contestant on “The Voice.” She’s released two concept albums since then surrounding the character, “Crybaby.” Her 2015 song, “Play Date,” just recently went viral on TikTok. The song alone has over 75 million streams so far this year.
- Lauv skyrocketed on streaming platforms with his song “I Like Me Better.” The song had 3.2 million streams last week alone.
- Alec Benjamin released his debut studio album, “These Two Windows,” which has over 140 million song streams so far.
- Chloe x Halle are a Pop/R&B sister duo signed to Beyoncé’s label, Parkwood Entertainment. They released their new album, “Ungodly Hour,” in June, and it has over 68 million song streams so far.
– Top 5 percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
– Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
– Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
– Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
– Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
– 1st place: 20,000 Royalties
– 2nd place: 15,000 Royalties
– 3rd place: 10,000 Royalties
Download or open FanLabel, hit up that “Play” page, and enter the Pop Fantasy Contest to start earning Royalties!