Good news, country music fans: FanLabel is running a Country Fantasy Contest during the month of July. For a reminder on how to play our Fantasy Contests, read here.
For this month’s Country season, FanLabel players must use their virtual signing budget of $10,000 to build the roster they believe will generate the most total streams (based on each artists’ full catalog).
Here are the available artists, and their costs, from highest to lowest:
- George Strait (5,000)
- Zac Brown Band (4,000)
- Chris Young (3,0000)
- Dierks Bentley (2,500)
- Jordan Davis (2,500)
- Gabby Barrett (2,000)
- Cole Swindell (2,000)
- Rascal Flatts (2,000)
- Maddie & Tae (1,500)
- Scotty McCreery (1,500)
- Ashley McBryde (1,000)
- Ingrid Andress (1,000)
- Mitchell Tenpenny (1,000)
- LOCASH (500)
- Reba McEntire (500)
To help you decide which artists are best for your label, let’s give you some more information on a few of the artists in this month’s Country Fantasy Contest (all metrics used are based on Alpha Data):
- After her stint on “American Idol” in 2018, in which she finished third, Gabby Barrett is a fast rising country artist, having amassed well over 250 million streams in 2020.
- George Strait has proven his music to be timeless. While he dominated record sales and radio airplay charts in the 1980s and 1990s, his songs translate well to the streaming age, pulling in approximately 29 million streams per week.
- Maddie & Tae could be a nice value pick at a cost of 1,500. In Alpha Data’s most recent week-to-date statistics, the duo pulled in nearly 9 million streams in that short timeframe.
- Mitchell Tenpenny is another artist who has gained a lot of steam as of late. While he debuted in 2015, he didn’t hit it big until 2018 with his single, “Drunk Me.” He now has more than 685 million lifetime streams.
- Chris Young, who has had several No. 1 hits on country radio, is also a top-streamer, averaging well over 17 million streams per week.
– Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
– Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
– Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
– Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
– Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
– First place: 20,000 Royalties
– Second place: 15,000 Royalties
– Third place: 10,000 Royalties