Fan Label™ Prize-Based Contests
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest Overview: The Fan Label™ App includes multiple independent Contests each week where persons can create their own fantasy record “Label”, select songs from a Fan Label Chart for their Label, and earn points called Royalties in competition with other players. Each Contest is focused on a different musical genre. Your objective is to select songs within the Fan Label Chart that you believe will move up the Fan Label Chart, as these songs will earn you points called “Royalties”. Songs move up the Fan Label Chart when other players pick them to be part of their Label, when the songs are shared, and when other players listen to the songs in Fan Label or explore the songs in iTunes, Apple Music or Google Play by clicking on those options within the App. The operation of each Contest – how to play, how winners are determined and the prizes offered – is the same.
- Eligibility: The Fan Label Prize-Based Contests (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least seventeen (17) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Fan Label, LLC, its promotion partners, HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: Fan Label, LLC, 380 N. Old Woodward Ave, Suite 290, Birmingham, MI 48008.
Prize Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in any of the available Contests constitutes player’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: When offered, Contests begin on Mondays at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on Fridays at 3:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Contest.
- How to Enter & Play
How to Enter the Contest:
Limit: Each player may create one (1) Fan Label account (“Account”). Any attempt by any player to obtain more than one (1) Account using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that player’s Account and that player will be disqualified. Accounts generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the player and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each player may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
To opt into one of the available Contests, you will be required to confirm your eligibility by providing your age and zip code and agree to these Official Rules. You may play all available Contests.
How to Play:
Your objective is to select songs for your Label from the Fan Label Charts that you believe will earn the most Fan Label royalties (“Royalties”). The Players with the most Royalties will have the best ranking and will win the Contest.
During each “Day” (defined as 6:00 a.m. ET and ending the following calendar day at 3 a.m. ET) of the Contest Period, take the following actions:
- Select any four (4) songs from the Fan Label chart (identified as “Chart” in the App).
- Select one (1) New Release song (identified as “Breaking” in the App).
- Press the “Lock your Songs” button to confirm your song selections (“Your Picks”). Once locked, you will not be able to make any changes to your Label for that Day.
- When you lock your songs for any Day, you are then activated as a participant.
Each Day, you may keep the same songs as Your Picks or you may change the songs you include in Your Picks. Once you have locked songs for any Day, thereafter, if you do not Lock Your Picks manually, Your Picks from the previous Day will automatically be Locked at the end of the current Day. Manually Locking Your Picks every Day improves your ability to earn Royalties. However, you need only Lock Your Picks on a single Day to be eligible to win a prize.
Promote Your Label: Share Your Picks or any individual songs included in the Fan Label Charts to improve your Contest Ranking.
- Promote Your Picks
You earn bonus Royalties the first three (3) times that you press the Promote Your Songs button and complete a sharing action in any Day. When you press the Promote Your Songs button, a list of social apps available on your device appears, as well as your device’s text messaging and emailing services, each of which qualify to earn bonus Royalties. If you share by text or email, you may only share with friends with whom you have an existing relationship. NOTE: Wireless carrier Message and Data rates apply when sharing by text message.
- Share a Song
You may press the Share icon anywhere in the Contest to share songs. Sharing may create awareness of the Contest, which can ultimately affect Song Position and Song Movement as described below. Sharing an individual song will not directly generate bonus Royalties for you.
How to Earn Royalties:
Your objective is to choose songs in the Contest that earn you the most Royalties and to try to reach the top of the applicable Contest leaderboard by amassing the highest overall Royalty total.
You earn Royalties each Day for two primary dynamics related to Your Picks. These include:
- Song Movement on the Fan Label Charts
You earn Royalties when songs included in Your Picks move up the chart between the time you lock Your Picks and the end of that Day. Royalties are deducted when songs included in Your Picks move down the chart between the time you lock Your Picks and the end of that Day. The upward and downward movement of songs on the Fan Label chart is based on a combination of the following factors:
- Total number of audio previews of a song within the App by all players competing in the Contest
- Total number of players competing in the Contest that include the song within their locked picks for the Day
- Total number of song explorations by players through the iTunes, Apple Music, and/or Google Play buttons located within the App.
- Song Position on the Fan Label Charts
You earn Royalties based on the ending position of each song included in Your Picks on the Fan Label Chart. The higher the song’s ending position each Day on the chart, the more Royalties you earn.
Royalties will be added to your Label, and your Contest ranking will be updated after the conclusion of each Day based on the number of Royalties earned throughout that Day.
- Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the entire Contest Period, winners will be determined based on the total number of Royalties earned. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner: the player whose Label has earned the highest number of Royalties during the Contest Period. There will be up to ten (10) First Prize winners, comprised of the players whose Labels earned the next highest number of Royalties during the Contest Period. To the extent that there is a tie amongst Labels, the player who Locked their Picks earliest on the final Day will be deemed the applicable winner and will be notified accordingly.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the player and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each player may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email to the email address used to register. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on the Friday after the conclusion of a Monday thru Friday Contest cycle. The Runner Up winners will be notified once the Grand Prize winner is confirmed. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
- Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded for each available Contest:
- ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: $250 Visa® Prepaid Reward. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $250.
- TEN (10) RUNNER UP PRIZES: $50 Visa® Prepaid Reward. ARV: $50.
Visa Prepaid Reward will be awarded as a digital code. Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa Prepaid card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the United States and U.S. Territories. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be fulfilled eight (8) – ten (10) weeks after end of Contest.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Apple, Inc., Google Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by player, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from player’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, player agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will player be permitted to obtain awards for, and player hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the player and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- Winner List: Each Day of the Contest, your Label’s ranking will be displayed within the App. Subject to the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, the top ranked Labels at the end of the Contest Period will be the potential winners. In addition, winners will be posted online at http://bit.ly/2A2sqju. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 Fan Label LLC. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Apple, Inc., Google Inc., or their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Third Parties”). You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and Administrator and not any of the Third Parties. Questions and comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and the Administrator and not to the Third Parties.