FanLabel Play-For-Prizes Country Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF MICHIGAN, ILLINOIS, AND INDIANA WHO RESIDE WITHIN A 200 MILE RADIUS OF GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) AND WHO ARE SEVENTEEN (17) YEARS AND OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
DURING THE WEEKLONG CONTEST, PLAYERS PICK SONGS FOR THEIR FANTASY RECORD LABEL THAT THEY THINK WILL BE STREAMED THE MOST. PLAY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DAILY CASH PRIZES AND SHOOT FOR THE GRAND PRIZE — THE FANLABEL INSIDER’S BACKSTAGE EXPERIENCE AT THE OLD DOMINION CONCERT TAKING PLACE IN GRAND RAPIDS, MI ON DECEMBER 8, 2018.
The FanLabel Play-for-Prizes Country Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Fan Label, LLC, located at 34300 Woodward Ave, Ste 200, Birmingham, MI 48009, and SMACKSongs, located at PO Box 120396, Nashville, TN 37212 (collectively, the “Sponsor”), and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC (“Administrator”), located at 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins at or about 6:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 24, 2018, and ends at 2:59:00 A.M. Eastern Time on December 1, 2018 (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the Contest official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered only to legal residents of Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana who reside within a 200-mile radius of Grand Rapids, Michigan (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) who are at least seventeen (17) years old at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, the independent third party administrator of the Contest (“Administrator”), Old Dominion band members, and any of their respective parent subsidiary and affiliated companies, Web design, advertising, fulfillment judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each as well as their respective spouses) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator.
During the Contest Period, to enter the contest, an eligible entrant must login to the App and tap on the “COUNTRY” contest tile located at the PLAY tab. On any day or combination of days of the contest, the entrant must select one (1) song of five (5) songs provided by Sponsor that the entrant believes will have the most audio streams on major third-party music streaming services in the most recently measured 24-hour period as according to data provided directly to Sponsor by BuzzAngle, a third-party industry data tracking company. To select a song, tap the “ADD TO MY LABEL” button in the app. Entrants may return to the App each day of the Contest and tap on the “COUNTRY” contest tile to check on their results and to pick a new song from among five (5) new song options from which to pick.
A “day” is defined as starting at 6:00 AM ET and ending at 2:59:59 AM ET on the following calendar day.
If it is discovered or suspected that a person has attempted to enter or receive Contest Entries using multiple FanLabel accounts or identities, all of that person’s Contest Entries may be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive and such prize may be forfeited, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
4. SELECTION OF THE WINNERS: The audio streaming performance of songs picked by entrants is based on data provided directly to FanLabel by BuzzAngle, a third-party real-world industry data tracking company. For each day of the Contest, Sponsor will receive streaming data for the previous 24-hour period from BuzzAngle. The entrant who picked the top-streaming song, as set forth above, first, as determined by the Sponsor’s clock, will be named a potential “Daily Prize Winner”.
Each day of the Contest, songs that entrants have added to their label continue to score points and accumulate based on their audio streaming performance (as reported by BuzzAngle directly to FanLabel) over each successive 24-hour period. The entrant with the most overall points during the entire Contest Period will be named the potential “Grand Prize Winner.” All winners are subject to verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
A. Grand Prizes (1): The Grand Prize Winner will receive: Two (2) tickets (one (1) for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) for a guest) to the Old Dominion concert scheduled to occur on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7:30 PM ET at DeltaPlex Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan; a meet and greet opportunity for Grand Prize Winner and guest with Old Dominion (subject to availability); and event memorabilia selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (“Grand Prize”). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $599. Meet and greet has no retail value.
B. Daily Prizes (7): Each Daily Prize Winner will receive a $50 Visa® Gift Card (“Daily Prize”). The ARV of each Daily Prize is $50.
The GiftCards.com Visa Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Visa Gift Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S.A. No Cash or ATM Access. MetaBank and Visa are not the sponsor of the Contest. Card may have fees that reduce winnings. Funds do not expire.
C. General Prize Conditions: Travel, transportation, parking, lodging, meals, and any and all other costs and expenses not expressly set forth in the Official Rules are not included in the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all travel necessary to attend the Old Dominion concert scheduled to occur on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7:30 PM ET at DeltaPlex Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Ticket seat location will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible if event is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Grand Prize Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the he/she is unable to use due to cancellation of the event, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Grand Prize Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to him/her, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest if either Grand Prize Winner or his/her guest violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event.
The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of prize or force majeure. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. The Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any portion of a prize for any reason. Federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. All other costs and expenses associated with a prize acceptance and use not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility. Contest Entities are not responsible for any delays in prize fulfillment. In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) Daily Prize per person. A Daily Prize Winner may also win the Grand Prize.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Each winner is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. On or about December 3, 2018, each potential winner will be notified via e-mail at the e-mail address associated with his/her FanLabel account with instructions on how to claim a prize. Daily Prize Winners must respond to Administrator’s notification with his/her complete first and last name, street address (no PO Boxes), city, state, and ZIP Code within three (3) calendar days. Before being declared the verified Grand Prize Winner, the potential Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return a written authorization for Background Check within twenty-four (24) hours from the date it is postmarked as being e-mailed to the potential winner by the Administrator. The potential Grand Prize Winner may be subject to a background check before the Grand Prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential Grand Prize Winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Grand Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept a prize, Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact a potential winner, or the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited, and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternative potential winner, the entrant with the next highest score for the applicable prize will be declared a potential winner. Each potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. Sponsor will coordinate Grand Prize fulfillment with the Grand Prize Winner after verification of eligibility. Administrator will mail Daily Prizes to each Daily Prize Winner at the address provided during winner verification within 2 to 4 weeks from the end of the Contest Period.. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree that the Contest Entities, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable Entries or email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; or for errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering or hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any Contest-related website or social media platform. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest and/or accepting or using a prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any entries in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or aspects of the Contest, including but not limited to: the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including but not limited to the selection of the winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winners. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to alter this Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted at https://fanlabel.com.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Contest, including but not limited to any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s registration, participation or inability to participate in the Contest, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Contest materials, (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to: by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Contest, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any registration (including but not limited to the registration information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Contest, any Contest-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Contest and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof) or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Contest, including but not limited to the prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR CONTEST ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORTING TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE CONTEST, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, social media name and/or handle, biographical information, photos and/or likeness and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including but not limited to, live television, worldwide, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion that an entrant has registered or attempted to enter the Contest in excess of the stated limits using multiple social media accounts, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s Entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant will be ineligible to win a prize. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the handle used to submit such entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address associated with the social media handle used to enter the Contest. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual (and void all associated Entries) found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and result in the disqualification of the individual utilizing such. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY CONTEST WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s interpretation of these Official Rules is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All registrations and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: FanLabel Old Dominion Contest – Winners List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winners List requests must be received by February 1, 2019.
Sponsor: Fan Label, LLC, 34300 Woodward Ave, Ste 200, Birmingham, MI 48009, and SMACKSongs, PO Box 120396, Nashville, TN 37212.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Apple, Inc., Google Inc., or their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Third Parties”). You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and Administrator and not any of the Third Parties. Questions and comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and the Administrator and not to the Third Parties.
© Fan Label, LLC . All rights reserved.