October is here, and we have a fresh set of Fantasy Contests to enter, including Halloween, Country and Hip-Hop! Let’s check out this month’s Hip-Hop Fantasy Contest, featuring a 15-artist list of show-stopping acts. If you need a refresher on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, check out this blog piece.
You’ll jump in with a $10,000 virtual budget that you can use to sign artists to your virtual label. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must re-enter each week), sign the artists you predict will generate the most total streams (based on each artists’ full catalog).
Here are the artists available to sign to your label this month, ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest):
- YG (4,000)
- Mulatto (4,000)
- Sada Baby (3,500)
- Joyner Lucas (3,500)
- Ski Mask The Slump God (3,500)
- Blueface (2,000)
- Metro Boomin (2,000)
- DaniLeigh (1,500)
- Sheff G (1,500)
- Comethazine (1,500)
- Isaiah Rashad (1,000)
- LightSkinKeisha (500)
- Bhad Bhabie (500)
- Kash Doll (500)
- YBN Nahmir (500)
Let’s check out a few fun facts about some of these artists (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data):
- Mulatto released her single, “Muwop” featuring Gucci Mane, in 2020. The track has over 39 million streams this year so far.
- Joyner Lucas went viral with his track “I’m Not Racist,” which has 1.3 billion streams since its 2017 release.
- DaniLeigh released her first EP, “Summer with Friends,” in 2017. The EP has over 32 million lifetime song streams.
- Bhad Bhabie released her first single, “These Heaux,” in 2017, following her “Catch me outside, how about that?” moment on the TV show, “Dr. Phil.” The song reached No. 77 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has over 64 million lifetime streams.
- YBN Nahmir’s single, “Rubbin Off the Paint” charted at No. 46 on the Billboard Hot 100, and has over 38 million streams this year so far.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties):
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties