In celebration of our October Fantasy Contests, we’re getting festive here at FanLabel! All month long we will feature our special Halloween-themed Fantasy Contest, which will be broken into four separate weeks to create one full season. If you need to be reminded on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, check out this article.
The contest includes 15 artists with their “spookiest” track attached as a preview, but keep in mind, Fantasy Contests are scored on artists’ streams from their total catalog.
As usual, players begin with a $10,000 virtual budget that is used to sign artists of their choice to their respective labels. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must re-enter each week), sign the artists you predict will generate the most total streams (based on each artist’s full catalog).
Below is the list of available artists in October’s Halloween Fantasy Contest, with the preview track also noted. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest). Since the late Michael Jackson dominates the other individual artists in terms of total streams, you can decide to spend your entire budget on him, or spend more wisely to create a roster of multiple artists that could, perhaps, surpass him. All other artists are priced at $2,000.
- Michael Jackson – “Thriller” (10,000)
- Kim Petras – “There Will Be Blood” (2,000)
- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins – “I Put a Spell On You” (2,000)
- Blue Oyster Cult – “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” (2,000)
- Donovan – “Season of the Witch” (2,000)
- Stevie Wonder – “Superstition” (2,000)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – “Skeletons” (2,000)
- Siouxsie and the Banshees – “Spellbound” (2,000)
- Dead Man’s Bones – “Lose Your Soul” (2,000)
- Rob Zombie – “Dragula” (2,000)
- The Cranberries – “Zombie” (2,000)
- Alice Cooper -”Feed My Frankenstein” (2,000)
- Ozzy Osbourne – “Bark at the Moon” (2,000)
- Ramones – “Chain Saw” (2,000)
- Bobby “Boris Pickett – “Monster Mash” (2,000)
Here are some interesting data points to get you moving in the right direction (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data):
- Michael Jackson’s track, “Thriller,” received 2.3 million streams in the most-recently counted seven day period. Jackson received nearly 28 million streams for his catalog in total in that same period.
- Bobby “Boris” Pickett doesn’t generally stream well throughout the year, but come October, his numbers skyrocket. During the end of September/beginning of October, Pickett’s total streaming numbers rose 103 percent, with the majority coming from the track “Monster Mash.”
- Ozzy Osbourne stays consistently strong throughout the year, averaging around 8.7 million weekly streams.
- Dead Man’s Bones is a Halloween-inspired duo consisting of actor Ryan Gosling, under the alias “Baby Goose” and his friend Zach Shields. The duo has not released a new album since 2009, however.
- Kim Petras released the Halloween-themed album, “Turn Off the Light” in October 2019. She has generated just under 70 million total streams so far in 2020.
We are also running Country and Hip-Hop Fantasy Contests this month. Be sure to enter!
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties