FanLabel’s new lineup of September Fantasy Contests includes K-Pop, an All-Genres Contest and EDM!
Here, we’ll be covering 15 show-stopping EDM acts. You can get a quick refresher on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests by reading this blog piece.
You’ll start with a $10,000 budget to sign artists to your virtual label. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must reenter each week), sign the artists you predict will get the most total streams (based on each artists’ full catalog).
Here are the EDM artists available this month, arranged by their signing costs (highest to lowest):
- Flume – 5,000
- Joel Corry – 3,500
- Grimes – 2,500
- Cheat Codes – 2,500
- Armin Van Buuren – 2,500
- Loud Luxury – 2,500
- Galantis – 2,500
- deadmau5 – 2,000
- Jonas Blue – 1,500
- Sigala – 1,500
- SG Lewis – 1,000
- Alison Wonderland – 1,000
- Rezz – 500
- TOKiMONSTA – 500
- Afrojack – 500
Let’s check out a few fun facts about some of these artists (all metrics used have been pulled from Alpha Data):
- Grimes is known for combining dream pop, electronic, and hip-hop sounds, raking in over 100 million streams in 2020 so far.
- Loud Luxury blew up with their hit, “Body,” which has over 60 million streams so far in 2020.
- deadmau5 is most-recognized by his mouse-shaped helmet, and has over 91 million streams this year-to-date.
- Alison Wonderland is an Australian EDM artist whose debut album, “Run,” peaked at No. 6 on the ARIA Albums Chart and has over 10 million song streams in 2020 so far.
- Afrojack broke into the scene in 2010 with his hit “Take Over Control” (feat. Eva Simons). He has over 20 million streams this year-to-date.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties