Believe it or not, November is upon us, and this absolutely bizarre year that is 2020 will soon come to an end. If you follow along with FanLabel, you know that at the beginning of each month, we start a brand new Fantasy Contest in the app. This month, we’re featuring Pop, Alternative and R&B. This particular post highlights our November Pop Fantasy Contest so FanLabel players know what to expect.
If you need a reminder on how FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests work, check out this article.
In these Fantasy Contests, players begin with a $10,000 virtual budget that is used to sign artists of their choice to their labels. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must re-enter each week), sign the artists you predict will generate the most total streams, which is based on full catalogs for each artist, not just a single song.
Below, check out the list of available Pop artists this month. Artists are ranked by their signing costs (highest to lowest).
- Justin Bieber (6,500)
- Ed Sheeran (6,000)
- Demi Lovato (3,000)
- Selena Gomez (2,000)
- Bebe Rexha (2,000)
- Sia (1,500)
- Lauv (1,500)
- Sasha Sloan (1,000)
- Charlie Puth (1,000)
- Why Don’t We (1,000)
- Alessia Cara (1,000)
- Quinn XCII (1,000)
- Julia Michaels (1,000)
- Zayn (1,000)
- Zara Larsson (500)
Here some Insider tips! We don’t want to give too much away, but this information on a few of the artists may be helpful for your strategy (all metrics courtesy of Alpha Data).
- Following her successful career as a songwriter, Julia Michaels is starting to make waves as an artist, generating nearly 250 million streams in 2020 alone.
- Ed Sheeran continues to dominate streaming numbers, amassing more than 40 million streams in the last week-to-date period.
- Demi Lovato is always a strong pick, as she has accumulated 4.2 billion lifetime streams.
- A good value pick with a price of 1,000 virtual dollars could be Detroit native, Quinn XCII, who averages around 6.3 million weekly streams.
- Bebe Rexha has had a lot of success during her career, with 3 billion lifetime streams.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
- Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
- Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
- Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
- Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
- Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
- First place: 20,000 Royalties
- Second place: 15,000 Royalties
- Third place: 10,000 Royalties