Let’s discuss FanLabel’s August R&B Fantasy Contest season in more detail. This contest features 15 of today’s hottest and emerging rhythm and blues acts. If you need a reminder on how to play FanLabel’s fantasy contests, check here.
To play, you’ll utilize your virtual signing budget of $10,000 to build the most effective lineup of available artists (based on total streams) within said budget. Artists’ costs vary based on their streaming totals, and labels must reenter and reset their lineups each week throughout the season.
Here are the R&B artists for the month of August (with their signing cost in parenthesis):
- Kehlani (4,000)
- Summer Walker (4,000)
- H.E.R. (3,500)
- Frank Ocean (3,500)
- Trey Songz (3,000)
- John Legend (2,000)
- Teyana Taylor (2,000)
- Jeremih (2,000)
- Snoh Aalegra (1,000)
- Pink Sweat$ (1,000)
- August Alsina (1,500)
- Queen Naija (1,500)
- Tori Kelly (500)
- Brandy (500)
- Sabrina Claudio (500)
So, which artists should you sign to be successful and gain as many virtual Royalties as possible? Here are just a few tips and insights that can set your label apart (all metrics courtesy of Alpha Data).
- H.E.R. (an acronym for “Having Everything Revealed”) has an impressive 2.8 billion lifetime streams.
- Kehlani has had a successful 2020 thus far, with 737.2 million streams, year-to-date.
- In terms of weekly streaming, Queen Naija is averaging approximately 7.2 million streams
- It has been a great year for August Alsina, who checks in at 192.2 million streams so far in 2020.
- If you’re looking for an artist on a budget, look no further than Sabrina Claudio (at a cost of just 500). The Florida-based singer brought in 3.7 million streams last week alone.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
– Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
– Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
– Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
– Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
– Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
– First place: 20,000 Royalties
– Second place: 15,000 Royalties
– Third place: 10,000 Royalties