August is upon us, which at FanLabel means new Fantasy Contests are live in the app! The first contest we want to highlight this month is something a little bit outside of our everyday music selection: Classic Rock. For a refresher on how to play FanLabel’s Fantasy Contests, click here.
As always, FanLabel players must use their virtual signing budget of $10,000, this month to build their ultimate Classic Rock roster. For each of the four weeks in the season (labels must reenter each week), sign the artists you believe will generate the most total streams (based on each artists’ full catalog). The fun twist with this genre is being able to see how classic music transfers over to the streaming age.
Here are the available Classic Rock acts, and their signing costs, from highest to lowest:
- AC/DC (4,000)
- Queen (4,000)
- Led Zeppelin (3,500)
- The Rolling Stones (3,500)
- Journey (3,000)
- Elton John (3,000)
- Aerosmith (2,000)
- Bon Jovi (1,500)
- Bruce Springsteen (1,500)
- The Who (1,000)
- David Bowie (1,000)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience (1,000)
- Heart (500)
- Pat Benatar (500)
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts (500)
To help you decide which Classic Rock artists/bands are best for your label, here is some inside information for a few of the acts (all metrics used are based on Alpha Data):
- Queen and AC/DC seem to have the most timeless music of the group, as both bands pull in roughly 25 million to 30 million weekly streams.
- While Heart, Pat Benatar and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts are the cheapest option (at a cost of 500 each), each act is pulling in 3 million weekly streams or more.
- Elton John remains a force in rock music, accumulating 2.7 billion lifetime streams.
- The Who have generated nearly 171 million streams thus far in 2020.
- On a weekly basis, Journey pulls in approximately 21 million streams.
Payouts (Virtual Royalties)
– Top five percent of entries: 10,000 Royalties
– Next 11 percent of entries: 7,500 Royalties
– Next 12 percent of entries: 5,000 Royalties
– Next 33 percent of entries: 2,500 Royalties
– Remaining entrants: 500 Royalties
– First place: 20,000 Royalties
– Second place: 15,000 Royalties
– Third place: 10,000 Royalties